Ready to automate your apps & web services with IFTTT? Let’s get started!
Every day we hover around our phone to read news, check the weather forecast, update our social media status, share our photos with friends, make a reminder, or even mute the phone when we arrive at work.
Imagine if you can automate those things the way you like it. No need to tap anything on your screen and everything is well set! With IFTTT service and Qmote, that imagination does come true.
What is IFTTT?
IFTTT is a free web-based service that allows you to activate conditional statements (If This Then That) or what they called as “applet.” You can also trigger actions over many web services, like Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more. For example, if there’s a new breaking news then receive the news in your inbox, if you like a track on Soundcloud then tweet it, if you share your Instagram photos then share it to your Facebook and Twitter, if tomorrow’s forecast is raining then remind you to bring an umbrella, if there is a new photo taken, then save it to Dropbox, if you arrive at your work, then mute your phone. To start using IFTTT service, you need to create an IFTTT account first.
How to create an IFTTT account
- Download IFTTT app from App Store or Play Store, then open the IFTTT app
- Fill in your email and password, then tap Sign Up, and that’s it!
Use Qmote with IFTTT
Qmote is fully integrated with IFTTT which means you can access a huge array of applets with simple clicks of Qmote, bringing your smart home automation dreams to life! Before you can activate your applets, you need to pair your Qmote into the IFTTT app. Here’s step-by-step guide how to do it:
- Log into your IFTTT account, then search “Qmote”
- Tap “Connect”, then sign in to your Qblinks Cloud account, and you’re done!
Now, you’re ready to choose the applets you love and enjoy your smart life! Let’s give it a try. Let’s say, you want to turn on/off HUE light using Qmote.
- Pick the “Turn On/Off Hue Light” Applet
- Give IFTTT permission to access Philips Hue
- Log in your Hue account
- Scroll down to configure the applet by choosing the Qmote, clicking pattern, and Hue light
- Activate the notification when the Applet runs (optional)
- Tick to finalize the configuration
There you go! Now you can click Qmote to turn off your Hue light before you go to your dream land.